As you will be aware, Foodstuffs North Island (FSNI) and
Foodstuffs South Island (FSSI) have been working over the past year
to deliver our National Product Information
Management (PIM) System as part of our
One Data Project.
The National PIM replaces regional requirements and standardises
how product data is submitted, verified and validated. This system
will be managed and administered by a single Foodstuffs National
Master Data team and it will improve how we collect and share
product information nationally.
Both Foodstuffs companies will have access to consistent product
information from the National PIM, for us to enrich and list
regionally, as well as purchase and sell your products in our
We would like to remind all our supplier partners that the
National PIM system is going live on Monday 1 August
From Monday 01 August 2016 you will be able to submit
information on new products and product
updates directly to the National PIM via GS1's
ProductFlow and Foodstuffs Data eXpress
• Please ensure that any new product is set up in the National
PIM before you present it to FSNI or FSSI.
• We recommend that you submit and present your
new product information at least 6 weeks before your intended sell
• An Infographic is attached to this communication outlining the
new process for Product presentations.
• Note: Suppliers who may have submitted UBFs/NBFs after 1 July
2016, and have received a notification that their articles have not
been created, will need to resubmit their product information via
DEX or ProductFlow.
ProductFlow will provide product information via the National
Product Catalogue, as well as barcode and image verification.
• The service is offered by GS1 on a first-come-first-served
basis, and there is a brief "on-boarding" process.
• For more information on ProductFlow, or to sign up, please
or contact the GS1 New Zealand's Helpdesk on:
0800 10 23 56 or email@example.com
About Data eXpress (DEX)
DEX is an interactive online form that you will be able to
access via the Foodstuffs eXchange at https://www.foodstuffs-exchange.co.nz.
• If you already have a login and password for Foodstuffs
eXchange, you will be able to use DEX from Monday 1 August
• This interactive online form replaces the UBF/NBF form and
will easily step you through the data we require.
• It is recommended for non-barcoded products and for smaller
vendors who supply a limited range of barcoded products.
• You can download the DEX User Manual from the Foodstuffs
eXchange home page.
• If you do not have a login for the Foodstuffs eXchange, please
contact your local implementation team to be set up:
o South Island Suppliers: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
o North Island Suppliers: Email E-Commerce.Implementation@foodstuffs.co.nz
• Only Foodstuffs Approved Suppliers can be granted access to
the Foodstuffs eXchange.
More information about becoming an approved supplier can be
found on our website.
We thank you for your co-operation during the One Data Project
moratorium in July. With your support, we have cleansed and merged
over 100,000 product records into the National PIM.
Who to Contact
On Monday 01 August, we will advise a toll free number for
telephone queries to the National Master Data team.
In the interim, if you have any questions or concerns about the
National PIM, Product Flow or Data eXpress, please email the
Foodstuffs National Master Data team at email@example.com.
General Manager - Merchandise Foodstuffs South Island
General Manager - Merchandise Foodstuffs North Island